A permit is required to use the off-leash exercise areas that are run by Milwaukee County. Annual permits, based on calendar year, can be purchased or daily passes are available at the dog exercise areas. All dogs must be licensed, with proof of current rabies immunization, by your respective municipality in accordance with Wisconsin State Statute 174.07 and Milwaukee County Ordinance 29.01 before entering any Milwaukee County Park System Off-leash Dog Exercise Area.

If you have questions about licensing your dog, please contact the municipality in which you reside or visit the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission’s website. Failure to comply could result in fines (Wisconsin State Statute 174.15).

2015 Fees for Milwaukee County Residents:

Annual - $25

Senior - $15

Person with disability - $15

Additional dog - $5

Replacement tag - $20

Daily pass - $5

2015 Fees for Non-Residents:

Annual - $30

Senior - $20

Person with disability - $20

Additional dog - $10

Replacement tag - $20

Daily pass - $5

Complete the application EXCEPT for the Credit Card Payment Section. Fax or email the completed form and call the Public Services Office at (414) 257-8005 with your credit card information.

Or you can purchase a permit in person at any of these locations:

  • Parks Administration - Public Services Office
    9480 Watertown Plank Rd., Wauwatosa, (414) 257-8005  M-F 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
  • Boerner Botanical Gardens
    9400 Boerner Dr., Hales Corners, (414) 525-5600,
  • Wilson Recreation Center
    4001 S. 20th Street, Milwaukee, (414) 281-6289

Or, permits and licenses can also be obtained at Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission, MADACC, at


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: