adjacent to Estabrook Park Beer Garden
4400 N. Estabrook Dr.
Estabrook Park not only plays home to Milwaukee’s new beer garden but also to one of Milwaukee’s favorite off-leash dog exercise areas making it the perfect location to host Barktoberfest. Pack your picnic basket and gather your pooch, family and friends in the spirit of Munich’s Hofbräuhaus. Experience Gemütlichkeit at Estabrook Park with your dog!
Join Residents for Off-leash Milwaukee Parks (ROMP), Village of Shorewood, Friends of Estabrook and Milwaukee County Park System for an afternoon of tail-waggin’ fun including a costume contest, demo by Milwaukee County Sheriff K9 Unit, Lure and Agility courses, dog-friendly games, and pet-related information booths.
The musical charms of MRS. FUN, strolling minstrels, and food and libations from the Beer Garden will bring everyone in to the Octoberfest mood.
Barktoberfest has something for every dog.
- Be creative and win prizes by dressing your pooch up for the costume contest. Photos of winners will be featured on ROMP’s website and in our Winter newsletter.
- Maybe your dog is the next Pawcaso? Try paw painting and see if your dog can create a masterpiece.
- Have training questions? Visit the “Ask the Trainer” booth hosted by the Wisconsin Humane Society.
- Is your dog good at retrieving? Test their skills at the ball lottery where your dog gets three chances to retrieve a specially marked ball. If they retrieve a winning ball, they get a prize!
Activities held throughout the day:
Lure Coursing *
Hosted by Elmbrook Humane Society
Agility Run-Throughs *
Hosted by Agility Pawsibilities
Is your dog the next Pawcaso?
Ask the Trainer
Hosted by Wisconsin Humane Society
Hosted by ROMP. Dogs get three chances to retrieve a specially marked ball from a large batch of balls. If they retrieve a winning ball, they get a prize.
Bobbing for Hot Dogs
Hosted by ROMP. Dogs are rewards with pieces of hot dogs if they put their snout under water to retrieve them.
Hosted by Spa Paw & Tail. Chance to win free half day of daycare!
* These activities have a fee
Things you need to know about Barktoberfest:
- Non-alcholic carry-in of beverages and picnic food is allowed.
- Bring your own beer mug, rent one from the beer garden ($6), or buy a special commemorative mug from ROMP ($5). Purchase a commemorative mug and receive $1 off beer from Beer Garden!
- Dogs must be on leash during the event, but the off-leash dog is just around the corner from the event if you pooch needs some run-time.
Schedule of Events:
1-230 pm Music by Mrs Fun – Biergarten Stage
230-330 pm Milwaukee County Sheriff K-9 Unit and Canine Costume Contest – Demo Ring
330 -530 pm Music by Mrs Fun – Biergarten Stage
530 pm Raffle drawing